Saturday, August 28, 2010

The story of his birth

Everyone has a birth story- here is Maddox's...

I was scheduled to be induced at 4:30am Tuesday August 24. However, I went into labor at 10:30pm Monday August 23. We went to the hospital and got checked in at midnight. Between midnight and 5am, Michael's Mom and my parents came to the hospital and I labored until I was ready for the epidural. After that, the labor continued, but I didn't feel it! :) The baby began to show signs of stress, so they stopped my labor and tried to reposition him and me to see what the problem was. The baby was doing ok at this point, so they restarted the labor, and the same problems came up again. At about 8am, the doctor was called in, and after a few exams, he let us know that the baby was going to be born by C-section... now. Maddox was born at 9:12am perfectly healthy! He required a little extra suctioning and cleaning, but he had no problems at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment